THIS WEEK'S SAFETY TIP
FARM SAFETY: MOVING EQUIPMENT
When moving farm equipment – always ask yourself – “Where’s The Line?”
- Maintain at least 3 meters or 10 feet between power lines. Be extra careful when moving grain augers, tractors and sprayers, and while moving bales or grainaries.
- Look up and Live. Plan your work and lower equipment to prevent contact with power lines.
- Seven Metres to Safety - Keep a distance equal to 1-1/2 car lengths from overhead lines when operating equipment.
- Keep your Distance from Equipment Operating Near Power Lines. Stay at least 10 meters (33 feet) from operating equipment, in case it contacts an energized line.
- Stay put if you hit a line. If your equipment contacts a line, Call North Parkland Power at 1-866-398-2001 and stay put until help arrives.
- Know before you dig. To avoid contacting underground power lines, call Alberta One Call at 1-800-242-3447 or Click before you dig at www.albertaonecall.com
- Stay away from downed lines. A downed line or exposed underground line can still be live, so stay back at least 10 meters (33 feet) Call North Parkland Power at 1-866-398-2001 to report a downed line.